- Company: FISHER WAVY INC
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Closes: Saturday, 16 December 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive wages and a benefits package.
Fisher Wavy is looking for hard-working, self-motivated employee who is detail-oriented and reliable to fill the position of Storeroom Clerk. The Storeroom Clerk will require a high level of motivation, professionalism, and independence. This is a full-time position with competitive wages and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and distributes parts and inventory to mechanics, millwrights, foreman, welders etc.
- Performs physical inventory and cycle counts
- Completes counts on all consumable inventory items for accuracy as per cycle count process
- Tracks issues and maintains non-inventory repaired items
- Receives inbound material, verifying part accuracy, quantity, and quality
- Stores material in an optimal location considering size and safety
- Performs daily cycle counts and analyzes inventory discrepancies
- Informs the Purchasing Manager of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact production
- Monitors high usage items and help to reduce costs
- Follows 5S- Straighten, Sort, Set in Order, Standardize, and Shine
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, work areas clean
- Various other related duties as assigned by supervisor such as opening containers & crates, preparing orders, inventory, etc.
- Abides by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
- Overtime as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a construction or manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Receiving and inventory management experience is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites such as Excel and Word.
- Ability to handle multiple demands in a challenging and fast paced- team orientated environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to contribute effectively to any/all team efforts
- Dependable with the mindset of getting the job done
- Repetitive lifting, carrying, and positioning of product (weight up to 50 lbs or 22 kgs) above shoulder height without assistance.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extended health benefits, dental, disability and life insurance, company pension
- Ongoing training and career development
- Company events
- Competitive salary
At Fisher Wavy we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. Fisher Wavy welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.