- Company: Ethier Sand & Gravel
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Closes: Wednesday, 26 July 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive salary
Ethier Sand & Gravel is looking for hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Skilled Labourer. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages, pension, and a benefits package.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constantly monitor screening plant overall fitness, and ever-changing conditions
- Operate company equipment safely and efficiently
- Garbage removal and cleanup inside and outside the shop
- Working with the screening plant & loader operators
- Ability to take direction and communicate verbally, working as a team player
- Display professionalism toward our company and customers
- Must maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment, both interior and exterior
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience feeding crushing and screening plant and/or loading trucks an asset
- Valid G license
- Experience working in quarries is an asset
- Surface Miner Common Core is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to work full 12-hour days Monday -Friday and the occasional weekend as required during the Summer months.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies
- Good physical condition with the capability of repetitive lifting, up to 50 lbs. and working in inclement weather
Perks & Benefits:
- Extended health benefits including dental and life insurance
- Company pension
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive salary
At Ethier Sand & Gravel we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. Ethier Sand & Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.