Please be advised that the Spark office will be closed on Monday, September 18th and Tuesday, September 19th for a mandatory all-staff training session. Normal business hours will resume on Wednesday, September 20th, 2023. Thank you for understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Company: Fisher Wavy Inc.
- Location: Manitoulin Island
- Closes: Saturday, 23 September 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Based on experience
Fisher Wavy is looking for hard-working, self-motivated employeses with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill various positions of General Farm Labourer on Manitoulin Island.
2 positions available:
- 1 full-time permanent position
- 1 full-time seasonal position
- Assist with building and repairing fences and structures including carpentry work as required.
- Clear paddocks and tend to livestock including feeding and moving cattle from field to field.
- Assist with property upkeep at the farm and surrounding properties including cutting grass and snow removal.
- Cut, split, and pile firewood.
- Display professionalism toward our company and clients.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- High school diploma is an asset
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, chainsaw, etc.).
- Ability to do physical labour and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work long hours including evenings and weekends at times.
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to be at work every day on time.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl.
- Repetitive lifting, carrying, and positioning of material (weight up to 50 lbs or 22 kgs) without assistance.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.