- Company: Respite Nurses Agency
- Location: Sudbury, ON Canada (On-site)
- Closes: Saturday, 6 May 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Salary: $19.00-$23.00+weekend and/or overnight premiums
About the Company:
Respite Nurses Agency offers in-home respite, home care, and nursing services to all ages from 0 to 99+ however, we are geared to service children with complex needs. We are currently seeking an ECE for our weekend “Play Away with RNA” which is currently hosted at Inspired Tots (weekend, days) and respite home located in Garson (weekend shift work). Both divisions work with children with special needs, complex behaviours, and who are medically fragile. We are looking for caring individuals who want to generate a positive change & join us.
- Shift premium(s)
- Opportunity to advance to a full time employment position & ongoing education
- Low client to caregiver ratios
- Work in a family oriented-work environment
- Flexible hours to suit both your personal and professional lives. We are family focused! We understand, also, that your family will come first.
- Supportive and active help from management
ECE Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Provide and manage each client’s unique needs (i.e. such as development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits)
- Required to be able to meet all physical and mental demands involved in the client’s care (lifting, bending, repetitive tasks, and high emotional situations etc.)
- Provide care to clients who present with autism spectrum disorders and/or a variety of other developmental delays or special needs
- Engage in and assist clients in sensory play and appropriate activities to diagnosis and development
- Manage difficult behaviors and/or complex circumstances with ressources
- Assist clients with reminders to perform daily activities of living including, but not limited to, taking medication, bathing, brushing teeth, dressing etc.
- Provide additional tasks such as light housekeeping; and 1:1 outings at our respite home
- 2 Year’s Experience, minimum, in childcare
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English
- Clean CPIC with vulnerable sector check within the last 6 months (Mandatory)
- Valid First Aid (level C) Certification and CPR and Safe Food Handling Certificate (asset) Willing to train/certify staff.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) may be required
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education