- Company: Pioneer Construction Inc.
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Closes: Tuesday, 26 December 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: TBD
Pioneer Construction is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Dispatcher to work in Greater Sudbury. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages and benefit packages.
- Dispatch trucks to various locations. Trucks include heavy equipment floats, live bottom trailers, dump trucks, etc.
- Manage driver schedules and provide clear directions to truck drivers
- Apply for permit applications when required and ensure proper documentation is completed
- Assist with maintenance scheduling of fleet vehicles
- Handle/keep track of deliveries and float moves
- Perform additional administration duties to support to daily operations including the preparation of various documents
- Display professionalism toward our company and customers
- Must maintain a clean and tidy work environment and equipment
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent is considered and asset
- Formal technical training that is relevant to the field would be an asset
- Experience in construction/dispatcher role is an asset
- Commercial driver’s license is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have knowledge of highway traffic act and other associated rules and regulations
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills
- Solid organization, efficiency and multitasking skills; the ability to prioritize is key to this role
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes as dictated by the needs of our customers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices