- Company: Ethier Sand & Gravel
- Location: Sudbury, ON
- Closes: Wednesday, 26 July 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive Salary
Ethier Sand and Gravel is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated employee with a proven record of safety and reliability to fill the position of Crusher Supervisor. The Crusher Supervisor will require a high level of motivation, professionalism and independence. This is a full-time permanent position available with competitive wages and a benefits package, suitable for someone looking to explore a rewarding career in the construction industry.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and maintain crushing and screening plants, stackers, loaders and skid steers.
- Complete daily inspections and reporting of production.
- Travel to job locations with overnight stays on occasion.
- Conduct safety meetings, file time sheets, and is capable of reporting to senior management staff.
- Display professionalism toward our company and customers.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures: safety standards operations, maintenance, training, cleanliness standards, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in crushing and screening operators.
- 2 years experience supervising construction operations.
- Surface Miner Common Core required.
- A high school diploma is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with aspects of operating and maintenance of crushing equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to work out of town.
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes as dictated by the needs of our customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental, Human Resources policies.
Perks & Benefits:
- Extended health benefits, dental and life insurance, company pension
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Advancement opportunities
- Ongoing training and career development
- Company events
- Competitive salary
At Ethier Sand and Gravel we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Ethier Sand and Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, and all will be given consideration for the position, but only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.