- Company: Goshenite Seniors Services
- Location: Sturgeon Falls, ON Canada (On-site)
- Closes: Saturday, 6 May 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: TBD
- Under the general supervision of the Resident Care Coordinator and the day to day direction of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse:
- Provide complete Resident health care as directed (e.g. hygiene, shaving, bathing, grooming, palliative care, etc.).
- Position and ambulate residents as required to promote comfort and health and in accordance with the Resident Care Plan.
- Ensure Resident safety consistent with policies and procedures.
- Serve food trays, verify special diets and feed Residents as required.
- Assist Residents with activities to promote self-reliance and self-esteem for rehabilitation purposes.
- Utilize the nursing process to observe and communicate information regarding the physical and emotional well-being of the Resident to the health team (e.g. activities, fluid intake/output, appetite, etc.).
- Assist Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse with updating Resident Care Plans.
- Document pertinent information legibly, accurately, and concisely on flow sheets and as required.
- Ensure mechanical equipment and supplies used for Resident care are properly maintained and used in a safe and effective manner.
- Clean and organize utility rooms and cupboards as required.
- Maintain communication and collaborate with all members of the health care team, Residents and Families.
- Graduation from an approved Personal Support Worker Program or successful completion of a minimum of one (1) year of Post-Secondary Education and enrolment in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Diploma Nursing Program, in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) is an asset.
- Up to six (6) months of directly related work experience.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff, and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Excellent use of English and French; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance, and former employment history.
- Provide, at own cost, a Criminal Record Check.
- Provide, at own cost, a Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB).
- Provide, at own cost, N95 Mask Fitting size.